The Patriots are in a funny place: NFL ticket resale deal may be odd play for Patriots — pdf
The National Football League is preparing to embrace the ticket reselling business, which could prove awkward for the New England Patriots.
more stories like this
* In crunch time, Patriots were efficiency experts
* Patriots had luck and pluck on their side
* Patriots’ Meriweather was much more involved vs. Ravens
* Ravens’ comments may bring league penalties
* Like 2004, Steelers trying to stop Patriots
The NFL is planning to name an official ticket reseller for all its teams in the next two weeks. Six companies are vying for the business, including StubHub Inc., the eBay-owned company that is locked in a court battle with the Patriots over the legality of selling team tickets above face value.
The deal underscores how the ticket reselling business has gone mainstream in America. But it also highlights how the Patriots are trying to buck that trend, insisting their tickets are licenses that can be revoked if customers try to resell them.
See earlier posting